Friday, January 5, 2007

You Grow Girl

You Grow Girl was founded by Gaila Trail (no joke here) in February of 2000 and grew into an on-line community that has drawn a cult following of "Hipster Gardeners" and people (mostly women) who like to craft. You can find a lot of cool projects on the site if you like working with your hands or you can participate on the forum.

The best feature for me is the design of the site and how it seamlessly blends the look of the forum. It's beautiful and looks like the kind of forum I'd participate it (what do you mean you've seen me there?) and what garden forums should look like. I really hate ugly gardening forums that look like they're stuck in the the early 90s of internet design (except for you GardenWeb I love you warts and all) and I stay away from them. But YGG is different it's a nice looking site/forum and the forums have some cool bells and whistles. If you're looking for a gardening forum where the people are pleasant check it out. The only draw back for me is that the forum seems to move like molasses sometimes.

I give You Grow Girl ★ ★ ★ ★ out of five stars. I didn't give it five because it is a little slow compared to other gardening forums on the internet with more participation.

If you have a gardening related product or service visit this blog and contact me.

My other gardening blog

No comments:

Latest From My Blog